Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Other Side





Photos from The Selby.

Well, I've had my first week at school and it almost feels as if the past two years have never happened. I don't really like that feeling, or that I'm basically starting all over again; the new kid once again, but I'm happy to be surrounded by all this creativity and interesting people. Art school, hah, never thought I'd see the day..

It was a pretty big decision for me to leave Northeastern University in Boston, where I was studying journalism, to come to Ringling College in Florida, where I will be studying graphic design. I can't tell you exactly why I made the decision, only that I felt I needed a change of scenery, to see if there was somewhere out there where I'd be happier, and for once feel a sense of belonging. I'm glad I made that decision, even though it still scares me every day, but I hope that this is the change I needed, the source of inspiration I've been looking for, and the place I can for once call home.

It's weird going from rushing city streets, lights and noise to white beaches and lush forests of spanish moss..To be honest, the quiet kind of scares me, but I think I'm starting to accept this city and its people's more relaxed way of living. I guess I just need to let go, but it's hard when I don't really know where I'll land..

-t
Share

No comments: