Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goldin Wasson














Erin Wasson shot by Nan Goldin for Australian label, Scanlan & Theodore SS11.

I was so excited when I saw these were shot by Nan Goldin..she is definitely one of my main photographic influences, and I'm constantly in awe of the raw emotional intensity she manages to capture in a single photo. Great sense of mood, and I think the setting compliments the effortlessness and unexpected casual luxury of the clothes..I'm pretty sure that sentence contained one too many contradictions, but it makes sense to me :)

“Our designs exist to reflect the integrity of a woman and resonate her unique individualism” says Gary Theodore, one half of the designer duo that makes up Australian (Melbourne) label.

Really happy to see its Melbourne making its way into the fashion scene..such a beautiful place with some truly inspiring people..its about time they received some recognition..

-t
Share

No comments: